Monday, June 18, 2007

Coincidence?!

Coincidence?!

Do you believe in coincidences? I do not. For what often seems like a random coincidence is something that was meant to happen. But understanding why and how is beyond us. Ours is to merely appreciate.

What do you have to say about the below? Mere coincidence? Or does it mean something more?

Well, one fine day I am writing a blog entry and am thinking of a title and suddenly the title flashes into my head, “Thoughts@Work”. Hmm, have I heard this name before? No. But why does it seem familiar...I couldn't figure.

The next day am reading a blog, and guess what, the author is an employee of a company called ThoughtWorks.

Ok, cool. It seems there does exist a company named ThoughtWorks somewhere. But not in India I guess. Never heard of it.

The day after am reading Joel’s India job listings and what do I see there?

ThoughtWorks India is hiring! I couldnt believe it. ThoughtWorks has an India office. That too in Pune! And they are hiring!

My seeing this ad just when I was looking for a new job, coinicidence?

Or Someone trying to show me the path!

And the biggest coincidence of them all? That all this happened during Easter time.

Well, you see, Easter symbolises the end of the old way and the start of a new life.

Just what I was about to do too.

4 comments:

Aroj said...

Another interesting fact, an astrologer had predicted that I would shift to Kalyaninagar....well i havent shifted to Yerwada now, but Kalyaninagar is hardly 2 km from here :-)

Nopes, I don't believe in astrology but....just a fluke i guess...or is it?

Anonymous said...

We have offices in Bangalore too. ;-)

Unknown said...

i know there are people who believe in dreams and following ur heart and heaven will send signal to acheive their dreams etc etc, but may be once things happen that make us extremely happy we tend to relate incidences around them and tend to believe that coincidences do not happen and things were supposed to happed the way hey have hapened,

Aroj said...

Yes, thats the question that I have put across...is this a sign from above or just me putting things together in retrospective!

Yes, not always is there a sign or message from above..and living this way does not seem practical..

But in the end it doesn't matter. We derive courage and inspiration from what we want to. As long as it helps us do the things that are good for us, it doesn't matter where that inspiration comes from..