Sunday, May 6, 2007

Crazy

So what do I do over a weekend?


I write code. Surf blogs. Spend time on my laptop.


You may think I am crazy to be spending the weekend with my laptop! And most people do think so!

Most people respond, "You mean you work over weekends?!!"

Well, no, I don't do any official piece of work over my weekend.The code I write is my own.


But for a long time I would feel guilty myself. And I would often hesitate to answer that "So, how was the weekend?” question!


But then, if it's fine for a poet to agonize over his poems the whole day,if it's beautiful to see a painter paint the whole day, if an artist can be one with his art the whole day, then why can’t I be with what I love the whole time?


This is what brings me the most joy. Yes, I am different from you.


But I no longer am ashamed of that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is one great thought,
had never thought that s/w could be an art, until i heard you describing about Python and its beauty

Aroj said...

Atheletes often reach a period of intense concentration when they perform to their best... like they say in cricket.. "He's seeing the ball like a football now that he's set...".. its called being in the "Zone" or the "Flow"

I enjoy getting into this "flow" while programming...