Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Victim Mentality

How many of us suffer from the what I would like to call the 'Victim Mentality'.

My boss doesn't give me work, so I am being wasted. Nobody notices me here. The salary is not good.

We often like to thing that the world has wronged us. It has not been fair to us.
That it does not notice our suffering. That it does not sympathise with us.
And so we suffer. Thinking someone will notice. Someone will give me work.
Someone will notice me. Someone will appreciate me.

But no. Noone does anything. And so you think you are being wronged.
Why am I working so hard? Noone even appreciates me. My work doesnt even matter.

I see this everywhere. We crib and cry over everything.

They dont pay me well you crib. Who has asked you to stay? Don't you know you are free to go?

My boss doesn't give me work. He doesn't notice me. Don't you know that its in your hands to make him notice you? It's in your hands to present yourself in front of him. It's in your hands to take hold of opportunities that come your way.

Still he doesn't notice? Leave. But what if you face the same problem in a new place?
It's still in your hands, isnt'it?

My boss doesnt notice me working hard. Well, you are not the only person working under him. And he's got his own tasks to do.So if he doesn't notice you, he may be to blame partly. But who has stopped you from bringing yourself to his notice?

But we still like to crib. This world is a terrible place. It doesn't care for me.

Sorry. No one in this world has the time to worry about your problems.
Because the world is too busy worrying about its own.

Only the wearer knows just how much it pinches and where. No one else can realise that.

So what you have to do is shout and not suffer silently. And not bottle up things.

Because when you suppress yourself, things wont stay suppressed for long.But will one day burst out in an ugly way.

And when the shoe pinches noone's going to realize and tell you what to do. You have to take action yourself.

The world is neither good nor bad. It is simply what you make of it.

So if you are being oppressed, rebel. If you are being wronged against, fight.

But what do we like to do? Sit and crib. We like to blame 'them' for all our troubles. And we ourselves firmly believe that we can do nothing at all, but suffer.

Why? Because there's a certain glory to suffering. Because we crave sympathy from our friends. Because it's lot easier than taking action.

Yes, when the shoe hurts, We don't change the shoe. We simply crib that it hurts!!
Because we like being the 'Victim'. The victim of fate. The victim of this bad world.

Yes,we are a nation of cribbers. Mahatma Gandhi would have been proud.

1 comment:

@ b h i said...

It's so much similar the way I think about "Crib" the "Victim Mentality"...

But whenever I say this they say.... U were able to change so u are giving the Gyan... not everyone can do that... and again start cribbing

hahahaha......