Friday, June 15, 2007

Last Day..Leaving Infy

Last Day.

This is how I felt on my last day at Infy.

I can’t believe it. Today has been the day I had been waiting for since one and half month. I am now a free man. I have finally being relieved of my job. I should be so happy. But still....why am I not feeling happy.

My brain tells me, hey you should be celebrating. But I am just unable to do so. I am actually feeling sad. Almost numb. Suddenly the feeling, the significance of what I have done is dawning on me.

This was my place. My building. The food courts, the CCD, the open spaces. I no longer have any right over them.

This was my team. I no longer am with them.

That was my badge, a companion for the last 4 years, an eyewitness to all that I had done. I cannot explain what I felt giving it back. Almost like returning a part of me.

I have been so used to all the things that I did here, day in day out. Now no more. Everything will soon be a memory.

It’s going to take me sometime to recover. I still can’t believe that I am no longer in Infy! That I am no longer in FastService, my team.

I guess I am going to really miss the people I have been used to seeing daily. I am going to really miss this place. Knowing very well that I will never be returning back to this place.

Bye Bye Infy. I had the time of my life here. Too many beautiful memories. Thank You!

"Sad to say, I am on my way,
Won't be back for many a day,
My heart is down, My head is turning around,
I have to leave my little girl,
in Kingston Town."

1 comment:

@ b h i said...

Well Infy does make u feel bad when u leave. They pamper u so much with the facilities. I had the same feelings on my last day... And leaving ur first job it's more painful

But as it's said... life goes on...