Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A million tiny little things...

Call it fate or coincidence or what, but Sleepless in Seattle was playing this weekend and I could not help but watch it again.

Liked the below quotes a lot,

Doctor Marcia Fieldstone: Tell me what was so special about your wife?

Sam Baldwin: Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were suppose to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic.

Could he have put it any better? Instead of rambling on and on about the various things he likes about her, he states the plain and simple fact,

...it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up...

I couldn't help agreeing. That's how it is I guess, for all those whom we love. You can't define, that this one thing is the reason you love them. You just love them. And their million little things.

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

i watched it on Valentines with my folks :):)

and this had to be my fav dialogue!!

Novice said...

absolutely love this movie..n the entire interview that he gives on radio..every answer he gives is an amazing portrayal of his feelings!!

and when it comes to love..asked my dad once wat he loved about my mom..n he put it very beautifully..." when u love someone..u don't find reasons to do so..u just love!"