Sunday, April 6, 2008

In love with Kimya Dawson's Juno Songs!

It's late in the night and I was supposed to have hit bed something like two hours back because I had this terrible headache...but here am I writing this post with the headache a distant memory and the night still seeming young :-)

For the past two hours I have been listening to an endless repeat of the Juno soundtrack. Specifically Kimya Dawson's songs.

Of course my favourite is "Tire Swing". Something so beautifully simple about this song that I just can't explain! You just can't help falling in love with this song...And I have always been in love with the sound of the guitar strings...

Number two would be "So Nice So Smart". A song that just brings a smile to my face, time after time.

Number three would be the rappish "Loose Lips". Just listen to the lyrics :-)

Number four would be the "Tree Hugger". Another nice hum along song with interesting lyrics.

Number five would be Rollercoaster. The soundtrack has only a 53 sec version of it. But now after listening to this full version I realize this is the best of the lot! Lot of energy in the song, and great lyrics again.

Among the other songs in the soundtrack I liked a lot are "Dearest" by Buddy Holly, All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar and Any One Else But You by Michael Cera and Ellen Page ( the ending song sung beautifully by the stars themselves...)

Another special mention would be Sea of Love by Cat Power. Another deeply meaningful song sung beautifully.

Maybe its the novelty of the soundtrack that appeals to me most, the songs are wonderfully different from the run of the mill that you hear often. But they just give me so much joy.. I can't help listen to them again and again and again...

And for the first time in my life I so much wish I knew how to play the guitar, for all I want to do right now is to just strum along to the songs!

Thanks people for some great music! You make my day everytime I listen to you!!

1 comment:

Dewdrop said...

Even i am so much i love with these songs. Great Music. Wont be bored with hearing them again and again. :)