Saturday, April 7, 2007

Insights!

Insights! There’s a difference between knowing something and knowing the secret behind something.

Be it Life, Love or Technology.

Secrets which are secrets because they are not obvious at first glance and choose to reveal themselves somehow someplace while you are working on the questions to which they are the answers. Or sometimes when you are happily doing something totally different!

And that’s when you gain the insight! And your mind becomes somewhat enlightened. And from then on you see things in a different light.

I find great delight in such little insights that I get from time to time, mostly when I am least expecting it.

Like the time when I was working on a really tricky problem, debugging late into the night and decided to give up for the day and go home. The moment I reached my place, the solution struck me like lightening! And I couldn’t wait to reach office the next day and try out my solution. It’s a really painful feeling to know that you have the keys to the treasure but you can’t open it till morning!

And next day early morning I walked into my office mumbling to myself the way to solve the problem, to the amazement of my colleagues. And boy did it work….

Or Like the other time I remember when we had been given a tough problem by our Physics Prof., which no one could solve. And the solution suddenly came to me while, of all the things, I was taking bath!

I know how Archimedes must have felt when he found the solution to the King’s problem by discovering density while laying in his bath tub. Legend says that he was so elated with his discovery that he actually ran out naked shouting “Eureka! Eureka! I have found it!!”

Nah, I didn’t dare do the same at that time. That was Greece, 200 B.C. This was India, 2000 A.D.

Jokes apart, this blog really is to share with you many such insights, some delightful, some enlightening and some plain funny. On Life as well as Technology.

And I hope you will feel the same sense of wonder and agreement I had when these insights struck me.

No comments: