Saturday, March 1, 2008

Taare Zameen Par...What I Liked Most...

Finally ended up seeing this movie which everyone had been talking about.
And I am really moved.

Though what I liked most about the movie, was the whole last section where the painting competition happens. You see, it’s easy to tell a story. But it’s very difficult to give it a good ending. And that’s what differentiates a great movie from an ordinary one. The whole competition was very nicely picturized. With the teachers and the students letting their hair down and joining in the fun. It was very uplifting. It brings up the whole movie, which till then was very sad. It brings a cheer to your heart. Fills you with hope.

There are many things that go into a great movie. Good direction, acting, script, cinematography, music etc.. and this movie had everything really good about it. Loved the cinematography, the close up shots, the slow motion shots, the use of special effects, ( my favourite being the train which goes round Darsheel's head in a dream sequence ), the brilliant and moving music.

Some of my other favourite moments were the Solomon Islands dialogue, the entry of Amir Khan as a clown, Darsheel doing a Michael Jackson moonwalk outside the classroom while on punishment, the flipbook, all those school episodes like the leave of absence letters, the incomplete homeworks etc...I enjoyed the school moments more so because they brought back those distant memories of my own school time. Now when I look back, I just smile at how far I have come now.

All in all, an excellent movie. Three cheers to Amir and his crew. And of course Darsheel. Without whom the movie would have been not the same.

No comments: